I need to kick myself

I KNOW better... I know he moves around a lot in his sleep so I have been really good about making him sleep in his crib for the last month. But last night he wasnt ready for bed and I was so I put him in my bed. I woke up several times to adjust his position away from the edges of the bed and to adjust the pillow baracades but it wasnt enough. He fell off the bed at 5 this morning.... he actually didnt cry much, I cant find anything where he hurt himself.. but I feel terrible.. I suck so bad.. that was so selfish of me... poor baby.. sorry sweetie.. mommy is sooooooo sorry :-(

I know this isnt a question but I needed to get it off my chest anonymously

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter fell off the couch 2 diff times when she was little. I only turned around for a minute each time. both times she had a pillow keeping her on the couch but she pushed it off. I cried more than she did both times. She was fine though.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Come on, Mama! Lots of us are guilty of doing this! I still feel terrible b/c Kaden slept in the bed w/ us until he was 3-4 weeks old! I think "what if" all the time. He fell off the bed once and didn't cry at all. I felt horrible. Colin fell out of a shopping cart at Wal-Mart when Nick forgot to strap him in. I think Nick cried more than he did. Don't kick yourself... all of us make mistakes.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Don't beat yourself up about this. It always hurts when your kids get injured, but you have to do the best you can. Everybody makes mistakes.
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That is one of the many reasons I don't co-sleep. I am so paranoid. It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• don't be so hard on yourself, accidents happen... My son is 2 and over this past summer we were outside taking down one of those above ground pools and my son was 2 ft away from me and was IN MY LINE OF SIGHT and he picked up the pool pump (which I had a hard time moving) and before i could say "no, don't touch that" he fell with it in his hands and smashed the whole left side of his left hand and broke his pinky, and I rushed him to the er where they read me the riot act for not watching him, like i didn't feel bad enough....but he's fine now, after 3 different hand specialist and 8 weeks in a splint ( which he called his "monster hand") so as long as he's ok, you should just learn from it and move on...
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Don't feel bad about it. Things like that happen to just about every mother at one time or another. The have things that you can put on your bed to provent things like that from happening, if you plan to co sleep with your little one. Chear up, she will be okay :)
    broken0image

Answer by broken0image at 11:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks.... I wouldnt feel so bad if it had been a fluke thing.. but I REALLY knew better.. I've woke up so many times when he was creeping along the edge. THat is why I stopped letting him sleep with me.. I seriously think he "sleep crawls" he is alllllll over the place... but im ok, he is ok, things are ok.. i just felt bad and needed to vent.. thanks for not jumping me :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009