any good product to get the smell of cat pee out

a few weeks after our baby was born, our cat went nutz and started peeing in his things like his carseat, bouncer, bassanet, and even his swing, i cant get rid of him or my 4 year old will devastated, she loves this cat so much and i dont know what to do. if i get him fixed will he stop? is there anything i can do, so i dont have to break my daughters heart and get rid of him? please help me

any cleaners suggested? to get the smell out

nanners2187

Asked by nanners2187 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pets

• Fix the cat and use VINEGAR... lots and lots of it. It smells for a while, but it WILL get the stench out.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Get "Urine Off" from your vet. You have to have something that neutralizes the enzymes of the urine. Otherwise you may not smell it, but he will and he'll go there again. Never wash those areas in hot water, it will set in the smell/stain. Fix him asap!

Vet Tech-need advice?
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The best stuff for ANY organic stain and smell including pee, poo vomit animal or human is Natures Miracle from Pet Smart
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:58 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• OxyClean ( petsmart carries it ) or natures miracle or even fresh n clean i have used all of them they are from petsmart

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• woolite makes a pet stain remover, not that expensive & works great, you can get it at wal-mart and it is a blue & grey bottle w/ yellow writing, I use it on everything from dog pee, cat spray and even poor a little in the washing machine w/ my sons sheets when he leaks through his diaper
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Vinager!! It helped tremendously in my house!! I don't know if your cat will stop spraying though... your supposed to get them fixed when their still little... My cat started spraying so I got him nuetered right away, and he still had some spraying instincts left in him! So we had to buy this stuff to sprinkle in his cat box to make him go in his box and not spray around the house! GL!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• O yes if u use the vinager... you need to wash the cat spray spot with HOT water and soap... pat dry, then add a little bit of vinager and dab it onto whatever the cat peed on!
    ali_1107

• lemon juice and vinager, let set 4 5 min soke up with somthing old, do not rub in just blot it .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Natures Miracle thats what I use for any off my animals... Plus I love the smell of it!
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009