Chapped lips.....

My lips are always dry, what's the best solution for this problem? I think I've tried everything but maybe I'm missing something....HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Get a vibrating toothbrush, put vasoline on it and start brushing your lips. It softens and removes all the flakes. Best if you do it right out of the shower.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Do you use chapstick all the time? If so, that could be a problem when you don't have it your lips are addicted to it, instead of self moisturizing they rely on the ingredients in chapstick...lol I know this cause I was addicted to chapstick hah, I started using it less and less and the dry chapped lips weren't so bad anymore.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mary Kay Satin Lips® Lip Mask & Satin Lips Lip Balm Set Sells for: $18.00

Satin Lips® Lip Mask contains miniature buffing beads that gently exfoliate dead surface skin cells that cause lips to appear dull and lifeless. Satin Lips® Lip Balm helps moisturize dry, rough lips. Clinical results show that a single application of Lip Balm moisturizes lips for at least six hours.

It is the best set that I've ever tried! Shop on line www.marykay.com/tivens
    beachsunset

Answer by beachsunset at 11:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• exfoliate!!! little sugar and Vaseline on an old toothbrush is WONDERFUL

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Definitely use the Mary kay satin lips its wonderful! I also love Burts bees chapstick is better than most.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree that exfoliation helps. I am currently loving the "Deep Renewal" formula by Blistex. Also, I have heard that licking your licks often can actually make them more dry so try watching that.
    MommeeSteph

Answer by MommeeSteph at 5:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Have you tried the product by Mary Kay it is called Satin Lips Balm and the Satin Lips Mask, it retails for $18, if you are interested send me an email at (dmitchell28077@marykay.com) or you can visit my website at (www.marykay.com/dmitchell28077)
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 6:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Satin Lips by Mary Kay. I love it. Lips stay nice and moist.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I developed a very bad habbit as a little girl. U know the one where u chap your lips trying to keep them moist with your toungue. Anyway ever since then I cannot go out in the cold w/out vaseline on them. I mean it's like religiously w/ me and lots of vaseline at that. If I feel like the skin around my lips is dry I put it there too and maybe 2 layers or 3. I never have chapped lips cuz of it.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 11:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Drink lots of water. Chapped lips are a sign that you are dehydrated.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009