My 6month old eats babyfood like a pro...

She eats babyfood really good. We have her on a lvl 2 and she will eat half a container in one sitting. I was thinking about in the morning decreasing her bottle by two onces and then feeding her some sort of fruit baby food and then in the evening doing the same and feeding her some sort of vegi... doses this sound like a good plan? I just didn't expect her to do so well with it... I figured it'd be a couple bites and most of it on her face. She gets the majority in her mouth and actually watches and waits as I get her another bite and sometimes trys to pull the spoon to her mouth herself. I don't want to give he tummy aches by over feeding her but I don't want to under feed her either.

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 10:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not decrease her bottles. She baby food is for practice, not nutrition. She won't let you over feed her, she knows when she's hungry and when she's not.

Just follow her lead. If she decreases her bottle (formula or breastmilk) intake on her own, that's one thing...but you shouldn't do it. It will cut down on her daily intake of calories!

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree not to decrease bottles. With my ds who is almost 6 months I give him half a container of fruit mixed with cereal for breakfast, finish the fruit for lunch and have veggies with cereal for dinner. He still has about 40-45 ozs of formula per day, but he's always been a good eater.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh...my boys would take TWO stage 2 jars of baby food and a full (8oz) bottle with each mean...and snacks through out the day. They didn't drop their formula intake until they were eating mostly table foods (introduced at 6 months and completely on them at 9)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009