help

how can a baby get a dipar rash so bad that u cant hardly change him and he is in the n.i.c.u???? is someone not doiong there job????

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 10:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• he could be having an allergic reaction to the formula they are giving him, or they are juut going too long w-out changing his diaper and letting him lay too long in his own pee. I changed my daughter 8-10 time s a day after she was born until she was around 5-6mo old
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 11:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Im a peds nurse. If it is a true rash from neglect I'd be surprised. It could be the formula or breastmilk is just causing the urine/stool to be irritating. Or, it could be yeast. This will look like not only the rash, but you will also see pimply areas-and this will not respond to diaper rash ointment since it will take a anti-fungal cream to cure this. Good luck.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• antibiotics will cause a rash as the nurse said a yeast infection. I highly doubt it is from neglect. It could be so many things. the diapers the laundry soap. The dr can do a culture to find out what the rash is. very simple to take care of. Also can you think of any changes in food or contact with something new. Babies are sensitive to a change in diapers and common to be allergic to the plastic in them.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 3:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009