What can I make with this?

I usually end up making red beans and rice with my JImmy Dean Sage Pork Sausage.. And I would like some other ideas of what I can make w/ the Sage Pork Sausage..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can mix it with a poung of lean ground beef and make meatballs..or a meatloaf. You could scramble it and make country gravy and serve it over biscuits or corbread..or egg noodles.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you have biscuits, you could make gravy and biscuits. They sell packets of sausage gravy powder in the store, or you can just brown the sausage, add a little flour, a cup or two of milk, some pepper and simmer until it thickens to the consistency you like. Or, you could make sausage patties, fry some eggs, shred some potatoes and make hash browns. Or you could brown it, mix it with some spagetti, marinara, or pizza sauce, put it on some buns and have sausage sandwiches with onions and green peppers. That's all I can come up with right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We use JD LIGHT sausage---I cook it up in onion, chopped up finely and mix it into prepared stove top stuffing along with chopped cooked zucchini. (I nuke the zucchini while I'm browning the meat.) Then I drizzle catsup on the top and bake for a 1/2 hour. (If your kids are fussy about zucchini, grind it in the food processor and they won't even know you've mixed it in there.) 1 lb of sausage and 2 boxes of stuffing and 4 zucchinis will feed 6 or more.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 5:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2009