how far apart in age should children be to get along well

My daughter is two and interested in other baby's she's right now an only child and i want another baby since she's at an age to take direction and can occupy herself if need be. how far out do you think i can wait (my husband doesn't want any right now)

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well from my own experience, I have two sisters and one is two years older than me and one is six years younger than me. We had times where I would get along better with my older sister and then there were the times my younger sister and I got along better. Heck they got along great at times too and they are 8 years apart! But now that we are all older and have more in commen we all get along well and are all really close. So I say there is no magic number to it. I think its more of a personality thing than anything else. I hope I was of some help to you.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• There is no magic age space. Sometimes those close together are close..and sometimes they aren't. Same thing for those far apart. If you're happy with where she is, or will be by the time the new one is born go for it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I hear ya. I asked this same question because I thought I wanted my kids close together. Moms on here gave me their experience with their kids ages and I found that the age itself doesn't really matter. It's more about the child's personality, the values you instill about family, etc. I'm now comfortable waiting til when my husband is ready because I feel confident that my kids will be close no matter what age they are.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. There is no *magic* age span. My oldest and middle child are 6 years apart and my middle and youngest are 6 months apart. They all get along just fine.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 12:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009