Has anyone been induced or had a c-section before 39 weeks or planning to?

I'm having my c-section at between 38-39 weeks... probably closer to 39. Just wondering what everyone else is doing and why

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced at 32 weeks, in labor for 36 hours ended up having an emergency c-section. I have RH disease and they couldnt wait any longer for the baby to come because he was getting sicker the longer he was in the womb.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was induced at 36weeks due to me going into preterm labor at 28 weeks and I was put on medication to slow labor down and that is all the longer my doctor made me wait. Then after 13or so hours in labor I had an emergency c-section. Good luck to you!!
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 10:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was thirty eight weeks when I was induced due to preclampsia. I was in labor for forty hours then they had to do a c-section. I guess Miss Olivia just wasn't done baking yet, lol.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was 38 weeks with my first (he was big 10lbs and 23 1/2 inches) and 39 weeks with my second. I like to wait b/c the longer they are in there the more their lungs develop
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oh mine were c-sections
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am going to be induced at 37 weeks it looks like. I am borderline for pre-e and I have high blood pressure. My doctor feels that once we're at term there is more risk then reward for continuing the pregnancy. I've been induced with my two other kids but the previous were both at over 40 weeks. We go in tomorrow to set the day for sometime next week (ack)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had my son via C section at 38 weeks because I had GD and high blood pressure. I will have this baby at 37-38 weeks via C section for the same reason.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was miserable and asked my Doctor to induce me at 38 weeks and she allowed it! Thank goodness we did-my baby was 9lb 3 oz and it became evident when the baby was born that she was overdue.
    Anonymous

• I am being induced this time at 36 weeks, pending an amnio for lung maturity. My ob wants to do it this way this time, because my body doesnt normally go into labor on its own, and I cant feel contractions the way most women do. She says its better this way, because it will be in a controlled environment, and it'd be less apt to stress the baby out, since there shouldnt be any surprises.
    Kaylinsmom4evr

Answer by Kaylinsmom4evr at 12:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was induced at 38 1/2 weeks, twice. Things went well. My first 2 deliveries went too fast, and this was a way to slow things down. It was perfect for me. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009