I am 38 weeks and my vagina is swollen so bad it hurts to wipe which just started today and it itches started about a week ago..i am having contractions but i think they are bhc adult content

what should i do what could it be is it a sign of labor and how can i help the swelling
i can barley walk or wipe it hurts sooo bad
the itching comes and goes not like a yeast infection...its like i am allergic to my own wetness
sorry for the tmi but i am worried this is my 3 pregnancy and i have never had this before

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be another type of infection due to increased vaginal discharge. I would call your gynocologist she can do testing to see what is going on. I have never heard of vaginal pain and itching as a sign of labor.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2011

• It is probably the discharge irritating you combined with the fact that the "puffiness" downstairs can make you feel a little itchy because it is stretching your skin. You are SO close. I wouldn't rule out contractions at this point. If you are having more than 4 an hour and/or if they are coming at regular intervals, I would go to L&D
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2011

• Do you have any plain yogurt. If so, you can apply this to the outer area and it should provide you with some relief until you can talk to your doctor.

Have you switched soaps or fabric softener?
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 7:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2011

• I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant with my 5th and it felt so unlike any yeast infection I'd had before. I was sure it wasn't one, so I went to the dr . . . it was a yeast infection and they prescribed diflucan. I would call the dr.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2011

• It could be itching from all the swelling. When skin stretches, no matter where, it will itch. Have you tried using baby oil or even palmers body oil?
    As for the swelling, more blood flow in the area caused from hormones and pressure. You may be getting close.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2011

• your bblood sugar could be elevated, if you have a slight yeast infection the sugar will make it worse, then when the sugar level goes back down it wont be as bad, see the dr
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2011

• make an appointment with your doc
    BABmama08

Answer by BABmama08 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2011