Do you find this inconsiderate? Or am I over reacting?

This morning I was talking to my FIL and making my sons breakfast. Right now my husband, son, and I live with his family. Thankfully we are moving at the end of the month. Anyway I told my son I was going to get him situated and go start my first load of laundry. Well I hear my FIL say "OH" and he looks like a light bulb went off in his head. Well when I went down to start my load he started one right in front of me. Which in a normal family would not be a big deal. But my FIL has a habit of starting a load and the just forgetting about it for a day or two till someone else has to deal with it. I am wrong for being mad or just over reacting?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• something like that I would let slid..
    You have a roof over your head because of him...
    Triva to me..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Let it roll off your back. Bigger things to worry about and like you said, you will be out of his house soon.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yeah I wouldn't worry with it, after all it is his house
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• This would annoy me however it is your FIL house and he is helping you out right now.  If he forgets his load of laundry, I would put it in the dryer and wash my clothes. When I dry my clothes I would fold his.  Keep reminding yourself that you will be moving soon..

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It would piss me off but what are ya gonna do. Fold his clothes, and then vent here. You'll be out soon. Hang in there.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would just finish his laundry for him. It is not worth it to cause problems over a small load of laundry.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i know what ur going through. ur probably just irritated by him already. i went through the same thing with my sons fathers parents. just let it be. and keep the harshness to urself. or else ur hubby might get insulted.
    FreshEG

Answer by FreshEG at 11:27 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I can understand your being annoyed - I would be too. But I wouldn't show it. You are staying in their house and you will no doubt be experiencing many quirks of their family. Just remind yourself that you will be leaving soon. It's just better to keep the peace and keep the negative thoughts to yourself. Cafemon is a perfect place to vent!! We'll always sympathize here.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Over reacting. What's the big deal with sticking his load in the dryer?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It would be hella annoying! BUT you are staying in his house, I'm sure you've annoyed him a time or two. LOL I can't even imagine living with inlaws or my own parents...Jeez. We'd have to be committed after wards!

You know, one up him. Toss his clothes in the dryer, fold and hang them up and place them on his bed. You'll feel better for not being crabby about it and he'll be delighted to have less work to do.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009