Period.When did you get your period after birth? (I am breastfeeding)

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm breastfeeding and my DD will be 7mos the 15th, I'm still waiting for it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i got mine while i was breast feeding, it was odd, my son was something like 4 or 5 months when it came back w/ avengence...lol
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I don't remember exactly- prego brain here I'm almost 38 weeks but I think around 15 mths with my first and 17 mths with my second.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I got mine at 5 1/2 weeks and I'm breastfeeding also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• son nursed for almost 21 months, got mine back 3 months later. ...woohooo for 2 years of no periods!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Exclusively breastfed - had to quit at 9 months and got my period the month after. And then was prego the next month - oops!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• With each of my boys it came when they were 3 months old. Not sure why. I breastfed exclusively and didn't do anything differently at 3 months, but it came regularly after that point, each time :)
    Jo-Anna

Answer by Jo-Anna at 12:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my baby is 7months and i got my period once when she was like 4 months then never got it back and no i am not preggo
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well that all depends. Are you nursing on demand or on a set schedule.? Do you nurse exclusively or pump and give bottles regularly (ie you work)? Do you give a pacifier or other soothie instead of your breast? Do you cosleep? Cosleeping (studies show babies nurse more often through the night when cosleeping), nursing on demand, excclusive nursing and not giving pacifiers increase the time of no period. Also every woman is different. With my first I was a SAHM and we coslept and didn't give bottles or pacifiers. I got AF at 14 months. With my second I worked and she got a bottle and pacifier while I was at work, but we still coslept and no bottles or pacifier when I was around. I got AF back at 11 months.
    Anonymous

• I breastfed for 18 months. Didn't get AF back until 17 months postpartum.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009