How do you let go?

In July I will have been married for 10 years. Fourty Five days before my husband left for his 2nd Iraq tour we filed for divorce. Part of me knows its right the other part can't let go.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• That is really tough. Why did you file (if I may ask)? Why do you feel it's right? You've been with him for 10 years, it will take some time to heal and move on. Try finding a divorce counselor to help talk you through it. I know that's what helped my husband. After 9 years and 3 kids, she wanted a divorce. He went through the same back and forth of I know its right, but is it?

Answer by hallen08 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Read the book How to Fall Out of Love by Dr Debora Phillips. It can help when you know it's the right thing to do. I just read it and it has helped me let go.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2008