Can you help me better understand what this means?

STATUS: "May the sleeve of destiny slap the slow thinkers in their distress."
MOOD: Shocked

My X left this on his myspace last night after our discussion through e-mail.

I told him in a e-mail that I could no longer wait for him to be ready and that he obviously isn't ready to be in a serious relationship. It has been almost two years and this relationship is still based on his convenience, his time, his wants, his needs and I have no say in anything... very one-sided... I finally got fed up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It means you should move on because you deserve better....that's what it means.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i dont know what do you think it means? when i first read it i felt that he regretted not making more of a committment to you,but who the hell ever knows what a man means when he says the things he says?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Tell him to stop talking in circles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• In my opinion I would say he is "shocked" because you finally stood up for yourself. I think "may the sleeve of destiny slap the slow thinkers in their distress" means that he kinda knew this was going to happen but yet he was still blind sided by it and now he is suffering for it. JMO
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter what it means. He's manipulated you long enough. He's probably trying again with gibberish on his MySpace page. Don't buy into it again - you've already wasted 2 years on his games. As other say - move on.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It means neither one of you are communicating. You shouldn't be sitting around for years wondering what's up but men shy from committment so he was riding the wave of evasiveness and just enjoying the ride. For goodness sakes, talk with him IN PERSON not via email or myspace. Ask him for a timeline and where he sees you two in a yr or five yrs or ten. Ask him where he sees the relationship going or if it's going to be going anywhere. He might like it as is. If so, you can plan accordingly

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Great response, admckenzie! A lot of women are afraid of a negative response if they ask the guy where the relationship is going. So they sort of wait and see figuring if he's hanging around he must be committed. And they guy - without any pressure either way just floats on too just hanging around. Neither really knows where the relationship is going and things become very vague. Communication becomes more and more difficult to have that conversation that could make or break the relationship. Once you miss that boat, it becomes harder and harder to bring your relationship to the next level of commitment.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have asked him several times and he always tells me "Were working on it, I need this and this and this first from you and then maybe we can move to the next step"... What about me? Right now in his life, he would rather not come around at all but stay home and watch movies with his buddy and do other things... he never makes plans with me or discuss things with me and always leave me out... he turns it around and says, "Well you didn't make plans with me and so I am doing what I want." It takes two, I am not perfect but I tried to make plans and he always says pretty much that it is too late, or he is tired, or he is this and that. He is only involved in this relationship when it's convenient for him. All he talks about, is his wants and his needs but never considers mine or meets me half way.
    Anonymous

• lol i agree with bastille, it means you should move on :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Dude, I've never been good at poetry...or whatever that crap is.

I'd say tell it to me straight or just shut up. Cause you're giving me a headache...LOL

Or just move on. That's good too.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009