I want another baby....

I am a mother of 2 and I just dont feel complet. I want another baby so does my husband, but he says that he wasnt to wait, and I don't. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old now. I want them all to be close in age. What should I do????

broken0image

Asked by broken0image at 11:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Its not going to be any easier waiting, it just takes longer to go from one stage to the next. My DD will be 7mos the 15th, I'm gonna start trying for #2 in August. I want them to be close in age.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Discuss why he wants to wait and for how long. Right now, with the economy the way it is, there are a lot of couples who are afraid of bringing another little person, with all the responsibilities it brings, into this world. It is an big and awesomeresponsibility.  HUGE!  Also having so many close together can be such a great thing.  But sometimes it is also equally nice to wait, enjoy this time now, and then bring home another one when the kids are older and they can equally enjoy a baby in the house and older children.  Imagine running home from school each day in total excitement because that means making your baby/infant sister laugh.  Also imagine having a child old enough to sit with a bottle or change a diaper.  That can be Heaven too.  So talk about your visions and come to some sort of agreement about what the future may look like.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I want another, but we just CAN'T afford it. Daycare alone would kill us, let alone, formula, diapers, dr's bills, etc...
    I figure that things will (hopefully!) be better in the next year or so and we can start then!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 1:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My older two are a year and 8 days apart and there are three years between my middle and youngest. I think this is one of those situations where you just have to compromise and try to find a happy medium. Let it go for now and come back and talk to him in a little while. And actually, the three years between my middle and youngest works out perfectly because my older daughter helps her younger sister with lot of things so maybe waiting until your youngest is maybe 3 might not be a bad idea because they'll still be pretty close in age. JMO.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I really want another one too, but I also want to enjoy my baby girl.. I don't want to go through her first birthday party pregnant.. LOL.. I would tell you to try and hold off for another year.. one year won't make them really far apart, and maybe your husband will be ok with trying again then.. you should really talk to him about how you feel tho and find out what his thoughts are on it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Wait until your husband thinks the time is right.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009