How many ounces are you feeding your 6 month old baby?

I give my daughter 7 ounces when she wakes up in the morning, then the rest of the day just 5 ounces still...Should I be giving her more?

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is that all she wants? If so, they you're feeding her fine. As long as you're feeding on demand, you're good.

To answer your first question....my boys (all three) were taking 6 jars of stage 2 baby food, 3 servings of baby cereal, a couple handfuls of finger foods and about 40oz of formula per day...at 6 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I give my 6month old 6 oz in the morning bout 7 when she gets up and then about 9 a jar of number 2 food then after that she drinks 5-6 ounces every 2 hours till dinner time about 5 where she gets another jar of food.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 12:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• wether or not you are using formula or breastfeeding, there is a really handy chart that comes with formula that tells you exactly how many ounces the baby should be getting a day and then you just break that up however you want. but honestly thats just a guideline, its like tickledblue said, your baby will let you know if thats enough or not! and at that age i really dont think you can over feed. my son was eating i think 4 eight ounce bottles a day, plus two servings of solids. and maybe some snacks too if he wanted more.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I give my son 7 onces every feeding but we have to put rice cereal in it due to acid reflux so it ends up being 8 oz. He doesn't eat all of it all the time sometimes 4 sometims 6 , and sometimes he still acts hungry when he's done. I would just continue to offer maybe a half once more during the day and increase every week or so if she takes it well until you find a good amount for her. but if she doesn't want it she doesn't want it. as long as she is growing fine and her weight is ok with the doctor than i wouldn't worry about it.
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son is 6 months old, and eats 8 ounces every 4 hours or so, with a jar of stage 2 fruit w/oatmeal in the morning after a bottle, and a jar of stage 2 veges' w/rice cereral in the pm...
    Christinabeck01

Answer by Christinabeck01 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009