• In the Spotlight:

Can you pregnant after you ovulated??

My period is 2 days late and I took a pregnancy test this morning and of course it was negative. Any thoughts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you may hae ovulated later then you think you did. unless you have been tracking your period closley it would be hard to say when you ovulated. wait a nother week and see if your still late if so take a test again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Once you release your ovulated egg, it stays there for I think 24-48 hrs, then if not fertilized, it will dissolve. You won't ovulate again of course until the next month. However, count how many days its been. Day 1 being the first day of your last period. You may not have ovulated when you thought. For example, it may only be day 24 right now, and this would be too soon for a preg test to show up positive.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• A test said I was ovulating on the 23rd- however i didnt not feel cramps till the 25th.. so confused
    Anonymous

• Ovulation pains can happen anytime from a few days before to a few days after actual ovulation. The egg survives for about 12-36 hours after being released from the follicle, so it is possible to get pregnant within that time frame, but after that it's gone until the next cycle.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009