First names

Do your kids ever call you by your first name? My 4 year old has started calling me by my first name. I think it's sorta cute. He doesn't do it all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I also have a 4 year old daughter who has been doing this! I guess they just enjoy calling you something different for a change!LOL
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son only calls me by my first name when I'm with my brothers and sisters. I guess he figures they do it so why shouldn't he. My son is 2 by the way.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My 12 year old will do it to get my attention if I don't respond to Mom or Mamma. I geuss I tune her out sometimes.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son is two and is just starting to get that we have names besides Mommy and Daddy. My son was in his bed yelling DADDEEEE at the top of his lungs. When Daddy didn't come he yelled out my husband's first name in the same way I do when I want his attention. I fell over laughing. It was so darn cute. He calls him Daddy with the exception of when he can't get his attention. And then he will yell out his first name. I have to admit - it totally works. It really does. He has not quite figured out how to say my first name. He says my first name is my husband's. Go figure. I have no problem with him using our first name's to get our attention. As I said it is most effective. But in general I will require mom and dad. We earn that title of honor each and every day. At least I would like to think so. To hear Mommy is so sweet a sound. First name cute but title of Mom is music to me.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lol, my 4yr old does that to..but really only when my niece and nephew are around, because theyre calling me by my first name..but yaa its cute!! she always gets so shy whenever i talk to her about my name..."no mommy, your name is MOM"...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• mine have done that too but I usually just tell them I want to be called mommy by them. if they got persistant about calling me my name I just stop answering
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 6:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i think it's funny, but in general i will ask to be called mommy. if she askes me what my name is i will tell her 'crystal- but i like when you call me mommy' there are only 2 people that get to call me that, and one of them doesnt talk yet
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lol. My five year old will do that when we are around others who call me by my first name. Also, my 15 year old will do it to get my attention sometimes.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my kids will do it if I don't answer to Mom, mom, mommy (my son, now 5, did actually trying to call me by my name for a bit -- but I was NOT cool with that and told him so.)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009