Ovulation question

I seen another post about ovulation that made me think of this. I'm supposed to ovulate on the 8th... Says I am supposed to. That is just a guess right, I could actually ovulate on say the 4th or the 10th? I'm just confused about it all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You are supposed to ovulate mid cycle. If you have 30 day cycles, you will ovulate around day 15. To be covered, start having sex every other day from day 12 to day 20. This should cover the bases. Or, get the ov predictor kit. Once you get a positive, you will ovulate 24-72 hrs after. it is so hard to know for absolute sure when it occurs unless you were under an ultrasound the whole time. The best thing you can do is know when to cover your bases.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ovulation occurs 11-16 days before your period starts, no matter how long your cycle is, and you're most fertile for the 2-3 days before ovulation. I believe most ovulation calendars will give you an ovulation date about 14 days before your next period is due, but it could really be up to a couple of days before or after that, and then there's always the chance that you could have a wacky cycle one month and ovulate really early or late. The best thing to do is use a website like www.fertilityfriend.com and start charting and/or using OPK's so you know exactly when you ovulate each month, and that way you can catch those wacky cycles, too.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009