Response to person recieving collection calls

Is this making you nuts? I have that same problem. They start calling right at 8 on the dot--all day until 8PM! I really could lose it over this. I guess they think by harrassing you you'll pay, but if you could pay them, you wouldn't be in this situtaion! They get commission for what they collect too. Some are understanding, but some of them are so rude that they force you to say things like; "Would you like me to crap the money out?" I don't usually say gross things like that but I lose it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• You don't have to pay them, at least not right off and you can probably get money from them. Here is the short answer, but you can email me for more information. Here goes. First the law states that they can only call you when you tell them they can so next time pick up the phone, tell them you are who you are and ask for their name and the name of the company. Then tell them they can only call you between 8 and 8:15 am in the morning. If they call you at any other time you can take them to court for more than you own them NO JOKE I have the check to prove it!! If they call you at work, you can sue them. If they contact you any place but home during the times you tell them they can call you – sue them! You can sue them for just about anything they say or do, you just need to learn the law.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oohhh i love when you trying to eat dinner..
    yeah you finally get all your kids to the table to eat the hot food yum aaaww then they call while your in a middle of a great bite......bitches!!!!
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 11:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Change your phone number. I got a couple there were bugging me, I answered by saying, Hi this is so and so.. How can I help you. Then when they asked for that person, I said, I am sorry, I just got this phone, this is so and so and you want the person who had this number before me... Then after them calling me back a couple more times, I finally called their boss, explained that I was such and such and that they wouldn't leave me alone. Never heard back.
    Anonymous

• Yes it's annoying more so when you have already talked to another person from the same company. What pisses me off is that they don't even want to work with you.
    My hubby asked if they could stop putting the over limit fees and late payments fees so he can get caught up then pay it off when he get our income tax. They fkn told him no that they need a $24.00 payment. He said well wtf for then? I can't pay it, doesn't make since and won't even cover all the charges you put on my credit so I will just pay it when I get the money.
    Anyone who has a Captil One credit card. Get RID of it.
    Anonymous

• Pay your bills on time they will leave you alone. Medical bills I can see wanting them to leave you alone not the persons fault but credit cards are a persons fault and basically it is stealing if you use them to buy stuff and never pay for it.

Anonymous

• You can request them to remove your name from the call list, I believe you have the right to have the phone calls stopped however notices in the mail I don't think so.
    Anonymous

• anon 1224 I'm sure folks with cc's didn't intend for this kind of crap to happen, but it did. What is the difference between a cc and medical bills? You are still obligated to pay, duh. But it's hard when they don't even want to work with you after you call them or vice versa by waiving their outrageous fees or lowering your apr. What since does that make when they keep adding those fees on knowing you are already paying late, having a hard time doing so or not at all. So easy to judge when you don't know WTH is going on. Karma is a B hope you never get bitten by it.

Anonymous

• I have been broke and it was my fault. I did not whine I got three jobs and paid my bills. I had medical debt paid that too. I did not whine about collections people I knew I owed the money and because I did not dodge them they did work with me. I have worked my whole life till I had my son and we live very well now. It was because of hard work and making sure we made good choices. We have not had any debt in the past 10 years. My husband lost his job three years ago too. We saved two years worth of expenses before we got pregnant and lived just fine till he found his great job he has now. Karma is a bitch those who live outside their means and expect others to go under when they don't pay their way are getting theirs.lol
    Anonymous

• The craziest thing happened to me with collections people. My husband had an altercation with Verizon (He tried to suspend his phone service while he was deployed but they "lost" the copy of orders he provided them and charged him the whole time he was gone.) This was from before we got married and still hasn't been resolved. When we got phone service with Embarq to our house, I put it in my name. Our number is unlisted. And yet, as soon as I turn my new phone on, Verizon's collection agency starts calling non-stop. I just unplugged the phone because I got sick of messing with them. I want to know how in the world they knew to call my number abd how they got it so fast!
    Anonymous

• I understand and think there should be a law against them doing that. I have a answering machine and just let it ring and ring and they hand up when the message comes on.  They call Monday thru. Sunday. I tell my friends and family that I wait to see who is calling before I pick up. I had caller ID but that is useless because they list it as private number or unknown and I refuse to pay for that. Plus I love to hear my husband talk when he calls. He will say " but I really want or need to talk to someone...or something goofy, I even save them. I am actually giving one company my car back because the payments are too much now that I purchased a house and insur. is  crazy on the gulf coast. They don't want it back and have been trying to figure a way to make the payments less. A old friend of mine was actually talented, she could make a bill collector cry....I really respected that!!!!!!

donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 1:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009