Does anyone on here have a better plan on how to get us out of this financial debt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Such as... Frankly, it took many years to get us here... It will take many years to get us out. I think that we as Americans have lived without consequences for sooo long. Now we are having to face consequences that were started by our grandparents, probably. The thing that is so frustrating for me is that when I am ready to retire, and believe me, it won't be that long...there will be nothing for me. No social security, and by that time, probably no medicare available. So, if you think about it, we are going full circle from where our grandparents started out... What will be left for our own children, God only knows. Sad if you think about it. CONT
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Laws need to be changed, taxes need to be changed.. Can Obama do it, well quite frankly, probably not. What you will see during Obama's Presidency is the effects of Bush and probably even Clinton... It takes that long for things to go into effect, so to speak. People will bash Obama, but in all actuality the guy will be innocent to all that happens this first year.
    pupmom

• crickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• my mom had one with the bank bail out the 700billion. she said they should of given that to the citizens of the us and we each would of gotten 400k and we pay taxes on that and then everyone would be able to pay off their houses their cars and buy more things and stimulate the economy. how could we of brought that to the government to put into play i don't know but wish i had known how. although i didn't like the fact that 400k would go to people who were drug addicts or losers but hey losers still spend money and drug addicts always come up with money for drugs. i suppose if drugs addicts had their own money they wouldn't have tp steal from family members or commit crimes. so it seems win win.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Someone on one of the news networks LATE lastnight, I think it was CNN, stated it would take 32 thousand years to pay off the debt. at the rate the U.S. is going right now. I do not know if there is anyone with a brain big enough to settle the financial problems that this country created for itself since the early 70's. The ONLY thing that will pay off the debt is a massive tax hike and the hike has to go directly to debt and not social programs. Tax and tax only-not tax and spend. Nobody wants to hear that or pay that, but that is the only thing that will work. No more McMansions, no more gas guzzlers, no more junk food. No more importing goods we can produce in the USA. The US HAS to become a manufacturing nation once again like during the 1880-1970 time period and produce it's own needs. All of their own needs. High taxes and meager living until the debt is paid and social programs are severly cut.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• akinbottom2 i think your right and if that is the case then i hope the end of the world gets here soon cause i don't really want to live with the way the things are now, this really sucks. i hate being broke and not working.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• with our dept being in the trillions I personaly believe it to be impossible to ever bring our country out of debt.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• are you referring to the national crisis or you own family?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• *your
    fluud7

• fluud7...............National Crisis
    Anonymous