Does noise level effect you physically?

I feel so crazy when all 3 are talking (making noise) at one time. It literally sets something off in my brain. I feel like I could jump off a bridge! It's worse when the hubby is watching his sports games on the tv and the dog is barking and all 3 are asking for something. oh man. Does anyone else feel this physical reaction to the noise level? If so, how do you handle it?

ramundson

Asked by ramundson at 12:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• i feel the same way sometimes.... i have to get away to some place quiet for a few mins to get myself together
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I do, hubby can't understand it. I also can't have any noise at all when I eat. And even the hum of a ceiling fan drives me nuts.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am the same way! I have to get away when all 3 are talking or it's getting too nuts!
    I also have an inner ear disease called Meniere's that causes loud whooshing sounds, ringing in the ears, severe dizziness and nausea (from the dizziness). It's med-controlled mostly, but it acts up when I'm stressed and then add a noisy environment... literally my ears will create their own noises that make me want to jump out of my skin!!!!!!!!!!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 12:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh my...I thought it was just me! I'm not glad you feel this way but I'm glad I'm not alone. I have day care in my home. I watch 6 kids 4 months - 3 yrs. Talk about noise. After school I have my two teenagers who always seem to bring home friends with them (we live across the street from the HS). My husband works nights so is home during the day and sleeps to a TV that's full blast! Sometimes by the end of the day my skin is crawling and all I want is QUIET! I stay up late ..until about 1am...just to have a little bit of my own quiet time. And then it starts all over again at 6am. It's a viscous cycle.....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I know I could NEVER run a daycare! I would love to, because I LOVE children, but the noise would kill.
    I also stay up late just have quiet. Guess the noise level just a symptom of Mothering?? :)

"Oh my...I thought it was just me! I'm not glad you feel this way but I'm glad I'm not alone. I have day care in my home. I watch 6 kids 4 months - 3 yrs. Talk about noise"
    ramundson

Answer by ramundson at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009