Tired all the time!

What could cause being tired ALL the time. I work full time & have 2 kids under the age of 2 - now I know that alone can cause someone to be tired but I mean...I'm ALWAYS tired. I'm in bed everynight no later then 9pm & I wake up for work at 4am. Even when I sleep the whole night..I'm still tired. Some days are better then others but no matter what...I'm exhuasted. Any suggestions on what could be going on.
I have an appt with my dr. next week...but I was just hoping someone might have some ideas.

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• Maybe your B12 is low? Get some bloodwork done. I get a B12 shot monthly because it's always so low and makes me soooo tired. If that is the case ..you can get B12 vitamins at any drugstore too.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Also you might want to get your thyroid checked that could very well be the cause. Then again there are several things that could cause it, but I would have to agree with annon 1226, get blood work and also get blood work for your thyroid.
    Anonymous

• All of the above are great answers and also how is your diet? Are you eating foogs that support energy or rob your body of it? I know its probably hard when you have 2 kids and are always on the go to eat right but it is a factor in the way we feel a lot of the time.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm only 25yrs old...would thryoid really be a problem? I probably could eat better....but I don't think I eat terrible. I usually have oatmeal in the morning (weekends I make a full breakfast -eggs, pancakes, toast etc), lunch is usually whatever leftovers of dinner from the night before or a salad & dinner is always...meat (chicken mainly) veggies & something else on the side-bread, potatos,etc. I'm trying to lose weight so...I try to avoid soda but I do have coffee in the morning but I try to stick to mainly just water.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It could be a number of things. Definitely have your doctor run some blood tests to rule out the obvious. Unfortunately, things like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have to "tests" and really no cure.
    Anonymous

• Could be sleep apnea (if you aren't getting a good night's sleep it doesn't matter how long you are in the bed). Could be something like Mono (my only symptom was sudden and severe fatigue). Low iron, sugar, vitamin levels, etc. Ask for a full blood work up, and if that doesn't show what's wrong, then maybe consider a sleep study. By the way, is there any chance you could be pregnant?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I really really doubt it could be pregnancy. I'm on Birth Control...I was on depo right after I had my son & then about a month ago switch to the pill - Ive been really good about taking it & haven't missed any. I actually just took my 1st "inactive pill" today. My youngest son is only 8months old - so I really doubt pregnancy is the "problem".

how would you know if you had sleep apnea??
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You would only know about sleep apnea (which is brief periods of time where you actually stop breathing during the night) by having a sleep study done. Some warning signs are excessive snoring (ask your DH) and waking up feeling like you haven't slept at all.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• LOL...I doubt my boyfriend would hear if I snored over his loud snoring! Our roommates can even hear him in their room at night!

Thank you girls for all your input....I'll bring up all those thing when I see my dr....(no looking forward to the bloodwork though)
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009