Does anyone know about the stimulus refund obama was talking about this am?

My mother in law just called me and said that she watched obama on fox news this am say that he was giving out $1500.00 to each couple that files tax's this year and that the money would be this month or next month. Do you know anything about this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• my god ladies she was askinga question because she didnt know. dont jump down her throat on it. sheesh! lighten up...a LOT
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• no...what I'd like to know is how much funny money can they really print...
    Anonymous

• no no no no for christ sake how many times can this question be asked. His stimulus plan is in the form of tax cuts and creating jobs. NO CHECKS SENT OUT.
    Anonymous

• He did not say that. I really wish people would listen better
    Anonymous

• I absolutely love these questions. "When is my check comin in the mail?". See, we GOP'er's tried to tell everyone that obamaniacs would be looking for-dare i say it- Handouts. And here we go, yet another question asking for "her check". I love it, I absolutely love it.
    No honey, there aint no check comin with yur name on it.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28545581/

He actually did mention in his proposal the idea of giving families $1000 and individuals $500 and also reducing the amount of taxes we pay out of our paychecks, resulting in an approximate $80 more take home a month.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thank God no checks are being sent out. We need a tax cut for all. An extra 100-200 per pay period would be more helpful than checks sent out. Hopefully he does have a clue and will give real cuts to us all.
    Anonymous

• My god, can't you read the article you posted. Those are TAX CUTS. Not a free check.

Tax relief
    • The $300 billion in tax cuts includes $500 for most individuals and $1,000 for couples if one spouse is employed, as well as more than $100 billion for businesses, the Associated Press reports.
    Anonymous

• Did I say in the form of a check?????!!!???? No I just said reducing the amount of taxes we paid.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• so stupid
    Anonymous