Worship god

Do christians pray to jesus
yes some do
This is the where i said show me that jesus said he was god worship him
you said that he said him and the father are one?
where did he say that he was GOD ANd to worship him

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 7:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• If they do they're not suppose to. You pray in the name of Jesus not to Jesus.
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 8:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You wont talk people out of their religion w/ wierd questions. If you are really intrested there are great books (including the Bible) also at any church the leaders are there to answer your questions and help guide you. I hope you find peace.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I believe that God and Jesus are two different beings... I pray in the name of Jesus. Thats just me though. I also believe that God has many names, but we all pray to the same God. He loves us all equally. I also believe we were sent to earth to learn and grow and be good citizens of the communities where we reside. It matters what we do in this lifetime that determines what happens in the afterlife.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have to disagree with the person who said you don't pray to Jesus. The Bible says that the only way to Heaven is to repent your sins to the Son and that would be Jesus. He is the mediator. Example: And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.- Acts 7:59
    Marisa940

Answer by Marisa940 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This actually a very good question. It's really 2 questions. We do not pray to Jesus but we do worship him. This goes back to the Trinity and Jesus being fully God and fully man. Scripture does say that Jesus and the Holy Spirit interceed on our behalf and that Jesus is our mediator.

“So if you worship me, it will all be yours.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’” (Luke 4:7,8)

Remember that God doesn’t give his glory to another, yet has his angels worship Jesus:

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. (Isa 42:8)

God wants Jesus to be honored the same way the He is honored: Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. (John 5:22,
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The Greek definition of the word translated honor in John 5:23 is:

1) to estimate, fix the value
    2) to honour, to have in honour, to revere, venerate

Venerate and worship are synonyms. Only God is to be venerated (worshiped). Jesus is fully God, therefore he should be worshiped. Jesus is also fully man, so we pray to God the Father and Jesus is our mediator.
    http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/worshipJesus.htm
    pwfaith

• you ask a question and all I see and hear now is BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This is the pertaining to another question you asked, which I responded to:)

John 1:1-2 ~ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 ~ And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, & we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten Father, full of grace & truth.

The word, the light, etc. Is all Jesus Christ:)

binarystarr

Answer by binarystarr at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Also, you do pray TO Jesus. For you can only get to the father through the son.

John 14:6 ~ Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. (No one)comes to my Father except through Me."
    binarystarr

Answer by binarystarr at 1:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Not to nit-pick but that doesn't really mean we pray TO Jesus. We come to the Father through Jesus' work on the cross. If it wasn't for Jesus we wouldn't be able to have a personal relationship with God. I think that's what the verse is saying. :-)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 8:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2008