C-Section

Have any of you had a bad exprience with a c section? PPL say its painless then some say the pain is after the surgery. who can tell me a story about thier c section and how long is it?

vmoran06

Asked by vmoran06 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an easy recovery, I really needed pain meds the first 4 days. After a week I took it easy but I was ok.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had a C-Section and I was totally fine after. Where the incision was didn't even feel very uncomfortable at all. My OB gave me this thing to wear around my stomach right after the surgery, it was kinda like a really big ace bandage. I don't know the name of it but it was very comforting. Ask your doc or nurse at the hospital for one. I was up and around a few hours after surgery and when I got home I had no help at all with my baby, and I was fine. Don't be scared of having a C-Section, it's really not bad at all.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My recovery was some of the worst pain of my life. Every time I coughed it felt like I was being ripped open. I could barely walk. I couldn't hold my baby and it took me a very long time to bond with her. I'll NEVER have another c-section.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i dont like to remember my c-section.

i was in heavy pain for 1 whole week.

took me 4whole weeks to be able to walk normal again :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• First one was an emergency after a failed labor. The c-section itself was painless, all I felt was pressure when they were getting my son out. The pain didn't come until afterward and it wasn't all that bad. It hurt to stand and walk for a week. It was hard to get out of bed and chairs, riding in a car hurt if I didn't have a pillow across my stomach. I wasn't in pain all the time, if I was in bed I was fine, sitting I was fine, once I got walking I was fine. I was fully recovered by 5 weeks. Second one was a scheduled section and it was a world different. The surgery was the same way only much more relaxed with joking going on. I could get up and walk without much pain from the start. I was completely recovered by 3 weeks. I don't know if the difference was in the pain level afterward has to do with not having to be in labor that time or that I knew how to deal with it all.

PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 12:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Like just about everything, everyone is different. Really, every c-section even on the same person can be different. I've had 3. My first was an emergency c-section and a harder recovery. We also moved and did a lot of traveling within the first 6 weeks, so that had a lot to do with it.

My next two were scheduled c-sections. Some pain... not bad. They were both different, though. I had a spinal for my daughter's birth and was under general anesthesia for my youngest son's birth.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It was a painless procedure, but painful recovery. As natural birth a painful procedure with painless recovery. I have a higher tolerance to pain and the c-section kicked my ass. I had to take nor-cal, and I had my hubby pick up the script for home, for my natural births I had no pain at home.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree - it's different for everyone. I also had an emergency c-section with my DD. No worries about the actual c-section - it will be painless. I, however, have troubles dealing with pain killers and stuff so they had to alter what they gave me and after the c-section I didn't hardly take any pain killers because I was just too sick to my stomach. So I felt a little more pain than normal, but not bad enough to be miserable. Just make sure to rest and take it easy for the 1st week or so...don't do too much each day even if you're feeling good at the time. It will hurt worse later if you do. Good luck - it will be fine!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• mine kinda sucked cuz it was an emergency one after failure to progress or whatever. i didnt like the dr and i didnt like that they have to strap your arms down. make sure theres someone in the room that you love to make you feel better. the recovery afterward wasnt that bad, i was so tired i couldnt tell the differnece haha. just take it easy and let your body heal. oh and then its weird cuz you stay numb where the scar is for a long time, i think i finally have all my nerves back after ten months. my scar was supposed to be two inches long but its more like five, but at least its below bikini line so its not showing. in the end its all worth it!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mine was fine I was not in so much pain but when I went home I had to do it all by myself My SO was going to school at the time and I had to go up and down the stairs (which you should aviod) cleaning & making bottels and I poped a stich =,{ and when you cough you should have a pillow over your cut and apply a bit of pressure as you cough.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009