Belly fat

I need to lose some fat in my stomach. I'm 5'2" and weigh about 105, it's not that I'm terribly overweight at all, it just all goes to my stomach. What's the best way to lose that belly fat, besides doing sit-ups and not eating? Any OTC meds like Hydroxycut work? How about drinking Slim Fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You body loses fat evenly, not it one spot. Building some muscle will calm the jiggle and you'll use more calories at rest.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• *stares* you do not need to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• *stares back* I never said I needed to lose weight! I said I needed to lose belly fat.
    Anonymous

• Excercise. I got a soft stomach now when I used to be taut. Same weight but now i just look flabby. Grrr.... Swimming, running, biking, rollerblading, riding horses, rock climbing, dancing, aerobics, pilates.... need any more suggestions?
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 3:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Whenever your walking around just suck in your stomach and hold those muscles and sit up straight. This will help in addition to your exercise program. Exercising daily is healthy anyway.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Cut back on dairy. Really. Red meat. Also don't do sit ups, hurts your back, damages your discs. Get a trainer or go to a gym and use the treadmill and try all the reccomendations they give you. Believe me , been there done that and now I look like a hot mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree with *stares*. Wanting to lose belly fat and losing weight are kinda the same thing. I'm five four, and my recommended lower weight it 110. Why don't you talk with a doctor? Seriously, any thought of trying diet pills when you are 105 pounds is kind of a scary thought!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to have nice ab muscles, then fine----but diet pills?????? If you want to look great, then you have to do it the healthy way. And the first step is talking w/ a doctor.

McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009