What is your definition of a one-sided relationship?

If you have been in one, how did you deal?

Did you work things out or did you end up single?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• selfish

Answer by wanttobehappy at 1:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• What I think a one-sided relationship is where one person gives their all and the other person doesnt play much of a role in the relationship. My DH seems more disconnected from our relationship and I feel like that I put in way more effort than him. I really dont have any advice seeing that I am in that situation but I hope you find your solution. :-)

• I think a one-sided relationship is when one person is putting in most of the effort in order to sustain a relationship. For example, you may do most of the calling, make plans for outings, and even make yourself easily accesible when the other party does not. The other party is reaping the benefits of all of the giver's actions while not returnining the favor very often. Even if the favors are returned, it's done very minimally.

Answer by MonicaJaye at 1:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It kinda depends on what stage your relationship is at, but either way really it just means that you give all and the other half gives nothing, and by all I mean no form of support, companionship, understanding any of those things, to be with someone that ONLY thinks about theirself entirely and doesn't consider you in any of it

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My relationship is the perfect defination of a one sided relationship!!! Im the only one who gives a shit!!

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• One person does everything they can to make it work and the other puts no effort into it. One person is the only one compramising to make the other happy. One is selfish, the other is not. You cannot change sense in trying.

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• a one sided relationship is when one person is the only one who cares and does anything,I was once in a relationship like that and soon learned it wasnt worth it.when the other person is selfish,careless,rude,and totally oblivious to your feelings.when your in a relationship like that unless the other person wants to change its not worth the trouble.

Answer by geenabelle at 3:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i was in a one sided relationship for 2 and a half years and i finally left. i cant believe i stayed that long thinking it will get better

Answer by aliciatron at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009