dinner menu for ten?

I'm having a dinner party and would like some suggestions for the menu. One of the guests is a vegetarian, so I would like to have at least one dish to accomodate him. I'm not a gourmet, but I'm not intimidated in the kitchen. I'd like to enjoy my guests, so I don't want to have much to do in the kitchen, after my guests arrive.

tolliver

Asked by tolliver at 12:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A pasta dish? Spaghetti and a salad and bread sticks. Maybe do a crock pot of meatballs for those who would like them? Its cheap, easy, and you can easily make a lot without getting too overwhelmed and taking too much time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree on pasta. You can do a great Vegetarian Lasagne that everyone can enjoy. Or do two lasagna's with similar ingredients but one without meat. Serve with salad and store bought breadsticks.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you can roast like 2 whole chickens saute some veggies and roasted red potatoes all which can be done prior to the guest arriving. or the veggie lasagna sounds good also you can buy one alredy made from costco or like sams club if you have that where you live.good luck
    Anonymous

• lol my mind went immediately to lasagna!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I went straight to lasagna too... But something like Steak house salad, with Potato soup and pecan pie for dessert would be good too. This way you could leave the steak out of his salad and there is no meat in the potato soup or the dessert! Good Luck! PM me for awesome recipes for Steak House salad if you want it.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You could make a veggie version of baked ziti. Instead of using meat, you could use portabello mushrooms. I've done that before and even the biggest of meat lovers enjoyed it without fussing.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009