ORGANIC FOODS

Whats your opinions about eating organically? Such as drinking organic milk and so on.

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We eat/purchase as much of our food organically as we can. I LOVE organic milk. To me it tastes completely differently than non organic.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I buy a lot of organic now. It doesn't have all those antibiotics and hormones and whatever the hell else they put it non organic. I want my kids to be healthy. Yeah it's more money but my kids are worth it. I just wish I started sooner.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I love buying everything I can organic. There are some fruits and vegetables that are more important to buy organic than others, so sometimes I do save money by not buying the organic bananas, oranges, and onions. Other than that, most every fruit/vegetable I prefer organic. I LOVE organic milk, and once I got used to organic 2% milk, I went and bought regular 2% milk and it tasted like milky water to me. Yuck. I can't always afford organic meat (feeding a family of 5 on a budget of $100-$125 a week), but I do make sure it is "natural" and says never given antibiotics or growth hormone. I think that's the most important thing. All these hormones and antibiotics are really affecting the bodies of our children.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yeah Organic is the way to go! sucks that its so expenssive but very worth it!! when I cant afford I will buy the junk :)
    GeenGeen

Answer by GeenGeen at 3:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thing with organic at grocery stores is how do you know the vegetables are organic? Because there's a sticker on it? Someone could put the same 4644 tomato sticker on a regular tomato and an organic PLU on the same type of tomato.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well anon that could be said about anything we buy, not just organic. I stay away from high fructose corn syrup as well. Here is a list of fruits and vegetables.

http://www.deliciousorganics.com/Controversies/toptobuyorg.htm

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009