Buying a new washer & dryer

I am buying a new washer & dryer and wondering if anyone out there has a front loader and can tell me if they are worth it? I am looking for a reliable set and dont plan to buy used. I want the warranty and to know Ill have the set awhile. Any advice from other moms out there who have recently purchased?

Asked by gemgem at 1:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we bought a new washer and dryer a little over a year ago. we could not afford the front loader and needed a washer NOW! (if not i probably would have waited a couple of months to get a front loader) but my sister, mom and brother ALL of front loaders and i LOVE them. they are more economical as they use less water and less electricity and do less damage to your clothes. i WISH i could have waited.. oh well. i like my washer.

Oh, my sister did get a brand new commercial size front loader. she get it at whole sale store (hers had a dent on the bottom that you could barely tell it was there, but because it was "damaged" they sent it there) and got it for 1/2 the price that she would have paid for it in a regular store. they got a screaming deal on it!

Good luck! oh, also make sure you research the brands too!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks. I am pretty sure we are going with the front loader I just wanted to know if anyone knew much about them. I was going to go to disneyworld this summer but dh just got a new job so vacation (far and alone lol) is out of the question. I figure I would invest that vacation money into a new washer and dryer & stove.

Answer by gemgem at 1:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009