Is it normal to think this way?

I am pregnant and want to blame my thoughts on the pregnancy, but maybe I am just going crazy? I saw human blood on the highways this morning. It appeared as if a semi had hit a motorcyclist. My brain has been racing all day about awful things that could happen to my family and I am quite frankly sick of it. I dont want these awful thoughts running through my head. I cant get distracted enough to stop thinking about it. Is it normal to have these thoughts during pregnancy? I cant recall it being so bad with my first pregnancy. If it could happen, its going through my head. I dont want to even say the things I see in my head:( I feel like I am obsessing and it is not like me to be this way.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 1:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• It is very normal to have extreme thoughts and dreams while pregnant. It is also normal for mums to have these thoughts when not pregnant. Thoughts about things happening to their babes. Mums have a tendency to think of off the wall things when it comes to their children. and normally thoughts about things they can't control. I always dream that my baby was a elephant and no one would tell me. In my dream i saw the ultrasound and I would always wake up scared. Those darn hormones.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was raelly depressed during my 1st pregnancy. My husband was on his 2nd tour in Iraq and I was losing hope. I talked to my OB about it and she said it was normal. I thought great. Every preggo lady is crazy. I do have to say it passed and now I only worry daily about the health and care of my children :)
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yep, happened to me too. I started having panic attacks every time I drove over a bridge while I was pregnant (never been a problem before), it stopped a few months after I had my DD...just hormones.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009