Co-Sleeping Mothers...

Where does your child nap? My dd is 7 months old, and I have no intention of stopping co-sleeping. But I have a hard time getting her to nap anywhere besides in my arms, or occasionally in the swing. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is sleeping on my lap right now... It stinks for getting stuff done though. Sometimes I can move him after he falls asleep.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son will sleep in our bed I just move the pillows and blankets out of the way to make sure it is safe. and I put 4 pillows around him (like in a square) to make sure he doesn't roll off in his sleep. I just check in on him frequntly. He seems to like that because he is in his comfort zone on our bed. If that doesn't work just try to ease her in the cribe after you rock her to sleep and maybe she won't wake up and she'll get used to it after a while. I don't cosleep anymore with my son (he's 6 months) only in the mornings from 5-7. That way I can get my sleep and we can still snuggle and have that bonding time. Believe me their smart enough to know "ok i gotta sleep in my bed until this time. Then I get to cuddle" he's like clockwork at 5 am he is up and wanting me to come get him for some snuggling! good luck I hope that helps some!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks for your advice, but it's not possible for me to put her in my bed when I'm not in it. Even if I checked on her frequently. She's crawling, pulling herself to stand, fully sitting up. She's just way too active. It would only take a second for her to fall out of my bed.
    Anonymous

• My dd will fall asleep in my arms then i lay her on the couch, then i lay really close to her till shes almost deep sleep so she can smell me. once shes sleep im good for at least 45 min.
    TINYFEET08

Answer by TINYFEET08 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son is 7 weeks he sleeps with me and his daddy at night time during the day he has to fall asleep in my arms before he goes down for a nap otherwise he wont nap t all after he falls asleep in my arms i make sure he is good and asleep befor i lay him down then he either sleeps on the couch or in the bed with pillows arp\oung him
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I co slept with my daughter till she was six months old and for th first two she pretty much shelpt on my chest but I found that during the day if I position her properly she will fall asleep on her own if I put her down when she first starts to show signs of being tired. I put her on her side and ut one arm under her pillow so it doesnt bother her (she flails) sometimes i have to hold the other hand until she fals asleep cause shell rip her binkie out but most of the time shes good to go. Try playing around with positions and find out which one yours likes.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 2:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son takes naps in his crib and sleeps at night with me
    Anonymous

• My 4 and 3 yr old have to lay down with me or they won't fall asleep.Not too bad for me though.I'm 3&1/2mths prego and have 4 kids(8yr old at school)so nap time is my favorite time of the day.Only time I get to snuggle with them.Too busy getting stuff cleaned up, ready to eat or put away during the day.Also have a 21mth but she would rather just lay in her crib by herself.She can fall asleep laying next to me.Always been that way.
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• In my bed or in her co-sleeper. She also took a nap in the unused crib the other day, too. At 5 months now, she'll sleep anywhere!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 2:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter is sleeping in my lap right now too lol. She will fall asleep in our bed or on the couch, and if I wait until she is deep asleep I can get up. But she generally notices within a half hour and screams until I lay with her again or pick her up.
    Anonymous