my question is how old do you think my 7 month old should be before i try to have another child. I want her to have enough time with just me and her daddy before i bring another baby into our lives.

VioletLove508

Asked by VioletLove508 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• We waited until our daughter was 18 months old. I felt it was too soom after I brought my second daughter home. My now 3 yr old was so jelous of me nursing the baby (now 9 months old). She still gets jelous and all but my 9 month old is starting to play so it is getting easier.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter just turned 15 months when I had my son...she is sruggling with it and have 2 that close and in diapers is really hard. The new baby was a birth control baby and wasnt planned and I love him to death but I would space them a little further apart if i could.
    Mommy2Bx32008

Answer by Mommy2Bx32008 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• whenever you feel ready.My dd is 18 months and we are just now preggo with another.I wanted to make sure that money would be ok and that my daughter has had alot of time with me and my SO.But really when your comfortble with idea of having another one in diapers go for it.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 1:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No one can really answer this for you, its something you have to almost feel out. The age gap for me, may not be right for you. Whats right for you may not be right for ilovemylilymae. You decide when you are ready for another. No matter what age your LO is, it will be a big adjustment for her. You do it when you and your SO feel the time is right.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My DD is almost 7mos and I'm gonna try again this August. I want them close.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• thanks! i am thinkin about waiting until she is at least 2 yo now. lol
    VioletLove508

Answer by VioletLove508 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think they should be at least 2 years old.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It really is a matter of how you feel about it.
    We started trying for #2 when our first was 9mths old. Took us a year which worked out perfectly as we wanted them about 2 yrs apart anyway.

I think 2-3 yrs is a good distance but I know many who feel less than 18mths is perfect cuz the children are closer as siblings(not just age wise),etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• we have 4 kids. some are 5 yrs apart, some are two. i think about 2 years is good. really 5 years was great, but i know alot of people want to have them closer together.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009