Too Young for Monster Jam??

So I have a 5 month old son and we want to go to Monster Jam next week. I don't know if it will be too much for him, if we do go we will get those earmuff things for him, but what do you all think? We (my hubby and I) go every year, I LOVE them, but I don't want to traumitize my kid. He doesn't scare easily, he actually is somewhat of a thrill seeker for being as young as he is. Loud noises don't bother him, but all the noises he has been around does not compare to a monster truck. I also am worried about all the exhaust since it is in a enclosed arena. What do you ladies think? Part of me really wants to go, but another part is worried about the baby. I probably just shouldn't go. Your thoughts?

b130

Asked by b130 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• Can you get a babysitter? I don't think I would take a 5 month old to Monster Jam. JMO!
    NEWMAN12

Answer by NEWMAN12 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sure. The head set noise reducers work wonders, We've been taking our kids since they were born ( had my first a few days before). We ear plugged him and put headset on he didnt flinch at all :) Have fun & get some pics of gravedigger for us hehe.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yeah if you can get a babysitter,a five month old is not going to keep earmuffs on,and the trucks are so loud,and the fumes are aweful.Personally I would'nt.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When my daughter was that little, my husband was in a band and I would take her to his concerts. I just got these bright orange kids earplugs, they were this stuff you could mold into place to make sure they completely covered the ear and wouldn't fall out, plus the bright orange was helpful so they were easy to see in case they fell out or anything. She actually slept through a lot of things. That would be my suggestion if you can't find a baby sitter.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 2:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I've never been but what happens to all that exhaust smoke? That would worry me a bit with a baby. Whatever you decide, have fun!!!
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If you provide your baby with ear protection, I am pretty sure that it will be fine. Monster Jam is awesome and my family and I go every year... My son loves it :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We went to a Monster Jam this Saturday the 10th. I left my 7 month old and 2 yr old at home because they were sick. But I wouldn't take the 7 month old anyways. My choice. I took my 5 yr old and he had a blast. Unfornately with the extra ticket I took my 11 yr old nephew who my son loves. BOY started CRYING and said he wanted to go home. WE DIDN'T. This was our first one and for my family we will go to another one but BIGGER than the one in Greensboro NC. I would try to get a babysitter for anyone younger than 1. The ear protection you use to shoot guns is used by a lot of parents. I had ear plugs for the boys but my nephew was still crying. He has been babied his entire life.
    krazeerosie

Answer by krazeerosie at 11:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009