How long is a typical hospital stay for postpartum preeclampsia?

I was diagnosed with preeclampsia when I was 35 weeks pregnant, and since it was very mild, I was sent home on bed rest and induced at 37 weeks. It has been a week since I gave birth and after having read a blood pressure reading of 181/131, I went to the ER and am now admitted to the hospital. I am also a NICU mom, and my daughter will probably be extubated today or tomorrow, and I want nothing more than to hold her again, since I have not been able to for 11 days now. Anyone been through this before? How long did you stay in the hospital?

lillys_mommy09

Asked by lillys_mommy09 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• i had to stay for 24 hours but i was told it could have been longer its just that they got my B/P under controle. good luck and sorry to hear you are going through this.
    Anonymous

• I was there 7 days but my baby was sick from the medican they gave me so im not really sure it'll probably depend!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had to stay for a week after I delivered my daughter... my daughter wasnt in the NICU though. I'm really sorry about that.. Things will get better! Just hang in their! Good luck!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was induced at 35 weeks because of pre-eclampsia. But after she was out, my BP went back to normal and I stayed in the hospital for 3 days which is normal saty for a c-section. My daughter had to stay in the NICU for one week.
    momtoalexis423

Answer by momtoalexis423 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009