Feeding tips Please!~

ok so I am trying to teach my 6 month old how to eat. I've worked in daycare for a long time and the one thing I HATE is teaching babies how to eat. .its so messy and frustrating!! We've been doing this about a week and she doesn't get it to put her tongue down!! Anybody have any tips to help me teach her??

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe just strip her down to her diaper and put a spoonful of whatever your eating (ground up) on her tray and let her go at it. She probably wont get much in her but will get used to trying food.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I kinda sorta asked the same question yesterday and alot of mother's replied saying that my 7 mo old daughter doesn't HAVE to start eating until she's off formula which is normally around 12 mos. It was very fustrating for me too! Believe me, I can relate to the whole tongue up and out issue but after all the advice I decided to just try once at breakfast & once at dinner with solids and she will eventually get it. Even if its just one spoon in, she'll be fine. Formula/Breastmilk supplies all the nutrition she needs for the 1st yr so by offering food even if it's once daily, I'm sure she'll be ready in the next 5 months. good luck & don't stress ;)
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ok, I'm off to work. can't answer any questions about my daughter and feeding habits, but still looking for help!!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The only advice I have is to just keep trying. Eventually she will get it if you keep showing her.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If she won't move her tongue, that means she's not ready for solid foods. Stop offering for a couple weeks and then try again.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree, she's not ready. It won't be a struggle when she is ready for it.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• she throws herself at the food and gets mad every time me or DH eats something.. I know she's ready, she wants the food SOOO bad but she just doesn't quite get it
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009