Not eating....

My 4 months old may or may not be teething, not really sure, he has all the signs, but I see no signs of teeth. Over the past week or so his formula intake has gone from 4 oz. every 3 hours, to forcing 2 oz. every 3 hours. He does not seem hungry, and when he is hungry only has 1/2 his bottle. He has been eating 4 oz. every 3 hours for 2 months, now all the sudden doesn't seem hungry. Should I be concerned? He is still wetting diapers. How long should I let this go on before I ask the Dr. about it??

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 2:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should talk to your doc now call them and at least see what they say. good luck
    TINYFEET08

Answer by TINYFEET08 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• he may need a larger time gap between bottles. My daughter did the same thing.. around 4 months she started taking longer naps and not wanting the bottle as much. She seemed to be hungry around every 4-5 hours, so we just increased the amount of formula that we gave her. It was also around this time that we started putting cereal in her bottle at bedtime which helped her sleep thru the night. I would tell you that he will eat when he is hungry, and if its not as frequently then maybe you can give him more at a time now. He's old enough to be able to handle more than 4 oz at a time. At 4 months babies should get at least 24oz per day of BF or FF. As long as your hitting that number and having lots of wet diapers, I wouldn't worry too much. He'll eat when he's hungry
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son just went through the same thing exactly only he was up all night too is went on for about 2-3 weeks and now he is starting to get back to normal
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 3:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with Kristal that it sounds like it may be time to increase the time between feedings.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i am going thru the same thing, its been going on for about two weeks now, my doctor said the baby has reflux. we have to see a gastroenterologist to find out whats really going on. Let me know what happens.
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son did the same thing...so i know its scary.He may need a larger gap time.I tried everything from switching his bottle nipples,formula and starting him on stage 1 baby food.as long as he ate the dr. didnt care.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009