My daughter drank Gillette After shve, then threw it up what should I do?

She drank a little aftershave and just about instantly threw it up. The bottle doesn't say to contact poison control and the ingredients are: Alcohol, denat, water, fragrance, peg-40, & phospholipides. Please don't bash me I am just looking for advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call poision control anyways. My son one time ate a half of tube of toothpaste and I had to take him to the hopstial for it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Call poison control and they will tell you. They'll probably tell you that since she threw up she'll be ok and what to watch for.

If you have a poison emergency or a question about poisons and you're in the
    United States, call

1-800-222-1222.

This toll-free number will put you in touch with the poison control center
    in your state.

If your child has collapsed or is not breathing, call 911.

a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would call poison control. But she is probably fine since she already threw up, its probably all out of her system.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yeah def. call the poison control.. and i think it even says it on the package that when u swallow it to first: dont make a child throw up (if she did because she couldnt "hold" it, then thats different). and then of course immdiately talk to a doctor.

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Always call poison control, if in any doubt whatsoever. It doesn't cost anything, and why waste time asking a bunch of strangers? Sorry if that sounds rude, but it isn't something to play around with. If it's nothing, you'll know in a matter of a few seconds. If it's something, they'll tell you immediately what to do and whether or not you need to take your child to the ER.
    boystimes2

Answer by boystimes2 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• do it anyway if they eat or drink something they shouldn't ALWAYS air on the side on caution
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 4:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009