could i have miscarried?

I am a 27 year old who has never given birth. I thought i was pregnant back in november. I went a month and a half without my period then it started and i passed a blood clot that was 3 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and it had a thick white line through it and my period lasted 10 days. I know that that is not normal just from a period so what i was wondering is was i pregnant and had a miscarriage or what? I haven't been to the doctor yet because i want to have a little bit of an idea what it could have been from first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you miscarried in November the doctor wouldn't be able to tell you if you were pregnant or not. I miscarried at 3 months and my baby was about that big but you could see the cord and there was no thick white line. I also passed the placenta.
    Anonymous

• I would get to the doctor as soon as possible.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its hard to say I have had periods like that and I never was pregnant. Did you ever take a pregnancy test? You can miss a period for a number of reason and not be becasue your pregnant.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• wow.. im always shocked by questions like that.
    you dont need to have an idea about anything. just go to your doctor when something like that happens.

why do so many women play with their health like that?!

a missed period can mean many things, not only a pregnancy. it could be an infection or anything else.

just go to your doctor and get checked
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with m.robertson811
    You need to go and get checked A.S.A.P. It could be anything. But its worth going to the doctor just to make sure.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Unfortunately I am quite the expert. I have had over 30 of them (yes I did say over 30)
    It sounds to me as though it was most likely a m/c - Could have been a blighted ovum. m/c's vary quite a bit but the fact that you were late, the size is consistant with what you would loose, the description is consistant with some placental tissue.
    Go to an OB/GYN or an RE- specifically ask them for a quantative beta hcg test (blood pg test) - Most likely it will be negative by this point but if there is any tissue left and the m/c was not complete, they will be able to tell that. If you get back any number at all, you will know for certain that it was a m/c - If the number is above 10 they will need to do an ultra sound and some other testing to make certain that you are safe. You really need to get checked ASAP - as it can lead to health problems and could potentially risk future fertility.
    TanyaKT

Answer by TanyaKT at 5:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I never had a miscarriage. I will tell you though, if there is a chance, (and there IS) that you had a miscarriage, you need to be seen by the doctor. If there is any remaining particles in your body, you can hemorhage, you can get an infection, and you can become infertile (Sterile) This is not a game, you must take care of your health first. Call the doctor first thing in the morning and insist on an emergency visit.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009