How do you get your husband to do something without sounding like his mom?

My husband does things when he is ready and if I ask him...he usually forgets or just doesn't do it. There are some things I need him to do and I hate nagging but some things need to be done at a certain time.

donnabuzybee

Asked by donnabuzybee at 2:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes I think wives HAVE to sound like a mom lol. Men don't get it, they're used to being treated that way!
    Anonymous

• My MIL is very passive-agressive, so I just make sure I'm pretty direct in letting him know what I want.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Tell him you would not be NAGGING him if he would just
    HELP OUT.....Damn men are so stupid sometimes...
    We get called naggers because they can not get their butts off the couch and be apart of a team.
    A team meaning ...........the family.
    The certain time thing remind him and if he does not do it...make sure he is the one to blame.
    If we keep taking care of them, they will keep being who they are.
    Marriage is teamwork....no a one woman show!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Grab his crotch and ask him sexily?

Anonymous

• Tell him that you dont wanna treat him like a kid but he is not acting like an adult. You wouldn't say anything if he just used him brain right.. My husbands only job is the garbage..I always hear i will i will..in a min or something like that. One day i threw all the trash outside and refused to pick it up.He did it and now he know im serous and tired of yelling at him lol

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I don't.. I have to act like his mom to get him to do ANYTHING
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sit him down and tell him the deal. If he doesn't want to be treated like a child then he needs to not act like one. You are going to write downor ask him nicelyonce what you want him to do and he needs to do it in a reasonable amount of time (tell him how long that is) otherwise you will treat him like you do the kids wich is to say you will be up his ass util he gets it done because clearly he can't be an adult and do it on his own.
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 3:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• be very direct. Men tend to tune out details. If you want the trash taken out, say, "The trash needs to be taken out right now." Works the same with kids . . . don't ask, tell.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers, you have given me some great ideas and he might actually see some action if he doesn't.  He has two jobs, taking out the trash and laundry and house repairs naturally. How do we stay at home mom's not feel guilty about asking them to do things when they worked all day? That is my main problem.....i usually do the work myself if he won't...Help me ladies not to feel guilty!!!

in love

donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 5:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009