Do you make your kids go to school sick because you don't want to miss work?

Asked by Imogine at 2:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• what a stupid thing. If they send your kid home you'll have to leave work ANYWAY.

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• luckily I have a wonderful boss and if my son is too sick to go to school, I can bring him to work with me. I am usually the only one in the office so he wouldn't spread so I don't get to miss work if my son is sick..dang it!! lol

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Well some people do, that's why I ask. And I would like to ask those people who do, to not do it anymore. Thanks!

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Those people are the reason our kids get sick. No I stay home with them, I have a great job that allows me to do that.

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• some people dont have the option to just stay home BUT they need to have a back up plan in place. I would loose a job before I let my child go to school sick and miserable.

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Not only that, but you risk getting other kids sick and miserable too. I realize life is life and parentsgotta do what they need to do to get by which means not missing work, but I would think that your kid's health would come first. Not you particularly luv, just speaking in general.

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Never. I go to work sick so I can save my sick time for when my kids are sick. There is no way they can learn properly while sick.

Answer by other_mother at 4:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Nope..

Answer by LATINAICE at 5:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• I hate when people do that, I think it is just rude and inconsiderate. Your kid is your responsibility, if they get sick you either stay home with them or find someone else to stay home with them. Don't send them to school to get my kid sick who then brings the illness home to my family and then my DH has to miss work.

• No and I think it is wrong to send them have them get worse and infect everyone else.

Answer by Dardenella at 6:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2011