My Sons A slApper!!

My son has picked up slapping people from his day care. So my question is if any one knows how to let him know its not right and hurts people because he is to young for disapline. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Kristybaby1

Asked by Kristybaby1 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your son? I started teaching my son "no" at about 6-7 months. He hits a lot to. We are still working on it. My hubby thought it was cute at first so we got some work to do lol. He also pulls hair....
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 2:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• how old is he? If he is over 9 months old then he is not too young for discipline. At young ages, simple one minute time outs have a tremendous effect on a child's behavior and correcting unwanted behaviors. Simply remove him from the situation, he will cry, put him away from everyone else for ONE MINUTE.. he can cry for one minute.. then pick him up, calm him down, and tell him "We do not hit." Repeat if he does it again until he gets the point.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009