Behavior!

My son has just started freaking out when i set him down. If I set him with my mother or sister, people who he has grown up with . He isnt a year yet but i dont understand why he is acting like this and it is making me worried. Could it be teething? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like separation anxiety. My son does the same when i put him in his playpen. I make sure he's got his paci, toys, sippy cup and a clean diaper. They are going to cry if they dont get what they want.They used to get everything they wanted on demand and he's still trying to do that to you even if he doesnt need it. I believe in letting them cio, I dont know if do or not but its a way to deal with this. I let my son cry then about every 10 mins or so i'll go check on him and make sure he's fine and play with him a bit with his toys then i leave and go back to what i was doing.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• separation anxiety can show up at any time. My 6 month daughter does it when I leave the room. Let him cry, but keep reassuring him that your there. If he's uncomfortable being put in other people's laps then try playing on the floor. You sit there while he plays with the other person, then you quietly slip away. If he notices your gone and cries, show up, say mommy's here.. and stay for a minute, then diappear again. He'll get used to letting you come and go
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 13 months and is still going through separation anxiety...luckily this is my #2, so I know she will get over it, or I would be concerned as well. She won't go to anyone. But, I agree with LadyUsagi, sometimes, you have to let them cry. They need to understand that they are okay on their own sometimes. If you give in and hold them, I feel like it deprives them of learning to be independent. But, as the old saying goes....this too shall pass..LOL!
    torilee_03

Answer by torilee_03 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009