changing his diaper...

now that my son is 7 months and mobile, he won't stay still long enough for me to change his diaper! i've tried giving him a toy, singing to him, making funny noises, talking, moving fast (not fast enough apparently).... what are other things i can try, if any?

renee658

Asked by renee658 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there's not much you can do other than sit on him.. LOL no really it works.. you just tuck his legs into yours while your sitting on the floor or the couch and changing him. He probably won't like it and might scream, but if you do it often he'll get the point that he's not supposed to move while your changing his diaper.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son is almost 13 months old and still won't hold still for a diaper change. He throws the most horrible fit everytime. Usually if I don't have someone else distracting him while i'm changing him i'll put my leg across his stomach to keep him from rolling. It doesn't always work but it helps.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Try giving him something he's not usually allowed to play with but tha't still safe for him. my dd loved to paly with the rash cream tubes.
    Anonymous

• Take comfort in knowing that this is a phase that all babies go through. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what will work. DD liked to "read" little books at that age. A friend gave her son a pile of clothes price tags that she saved to play with. Whatever works!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i usually put my legs out over his arms so that he wont roll away because he is sooo strong! it doesnt hurt him but im on the same page as you what else can you do if toys arent working?!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Try food! like a cracker or something....
    mamabearexena

Answer by mamabearexena at 3:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009