Do you tell your hubby

do you tell your hubby when you are going to test I want to but then again I don't because I said something to him then other day and he said well i just don't want to get my hopes up agian which for one made me feel bad and second made me think maybe I should test and not tell him so if it is neg I don't have to say anything but if it is pos I can give him great news.so does your hubby always know when you test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not always....like you said, sometimes I don't want him to have to share my disappointment. I usually do try to warn him that I think I might take one in the next week or so, so that he isn't completely shocked if I finally get the positive I'm hoping for.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I always took the tests by my self. This way I did not feel like I was over analising to DH! That way you can surprise him when it happens!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I always took mine alone and only sometimes told him it was negative. Mostly because I didnt want to get his hopes up and then crush them.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 3:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• why tell him if you don't know if you are or not because you aren't really telling him anything you are just saying words that mean nothing at that point
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 3:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I wouldt ake the test, then tell him if the test is positive.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No, I don't tell him first. I've thought I was pregnant a dozen times!
    bethelann2004

Answer by bethelann2004 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my husband always knows when its time to test because i talk about it so much, but he is never with me when i test. i usually test in the morning and he gets up a few hours before me. i want to be able to surprise him and tell him in a neat and cute way. good luck
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 8:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My husband has known when I was late, but I would always impulsively take the tests alone. Grab a bunch at the dollar store and do it when you are emotionally ready, and then come up with a great surprise when it does show positive! Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009