Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you need?

So, I'm going to register for college...just community college for now, what do I need to do or bring to the register's office?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • you need to complete the application for the school, id and some might want your marriage license if your married, transcript from previous college or high school that's about it.

    Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • You need to request transcripts from your high school and any colleges you have gone to. You will need your ID and I would bring my social security card just in case. Some colleges, depending on the program you are going into (medical programs), want your current vaccination records. You will also need a form of payment if you are not applying for financial assistance. Good luck.

    Answer by Tetona at 2:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Trancrips from other schools, Your ID, SS card, your way of paying of if your married some want to see a marrige licence thats about all i can think of!! GOOD LUCK

    Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Thanks ladies.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • high school transcript, ID, SS card.. and doctors records!! They'll want to make sure your up to date on your immunizations!

    Answer by kristal2146 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • My college doesn't require that you immediately pay. If your tuition isn't paid by the beginning of classes and you don't have aid to pay for it, they just split it up to be paid throughout the semester. But it does have to be paid before the next semester starts or you can't enroll. But you should fill out the fafsa, you may not get much money, but every little bit helps, right?

    To fill out the fafsa, you will need your tax returns for the year you are filing for. So if you are starting this spring semester, you will want your 2007 return documents. If you are starting this fall, you will want your 2008 return you are about to file in the next couple of months. Fill out the fafsa as early as you can because funds are pretty much first come first served.

    And you can file the fafsa online at:

    Answer by casperskitty at 6:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.