pregnancy testing

how many dpo will a pregnancy test detect hcg levels? I have the early response tests. I know the instructions say that it can detect it five days before your missed period but I hate taking test after test and seeing a negative....so when is it safe to test and know for sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• the day of your missed period or a couple of days after I would say is best
    Anonymous

• I tested with a first response test and it came back negative day 42 in my cycle and then retested 2 weeks later and got a posative. Thats just my crazy body I would test if you have normal cycles a day after your missed period.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 3:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Dollar General's test, Baby Test, detects HCG levels of 25, which is a very low number. Take it in the morning.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009