I am in love with my husband and I also love my best friend, why do I feel confused?

I am in love with my husband, he is caring and wonderful. We have been together almost 10 years. My best friend is also one of my oldest friends and I feel like I am also in love with him. He is caring and always there when I need to talk, my husband isnt always emotionally there. I know I love my husband and I dont want to leave him but I have the chance to visit my friend in a few weeks alone in a different state ( we dont live in the same state ) Should I go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Nope. I think that if you go you'll end up doing something you will regret. You are married to your husband and you have children with this man. Do you really want to jeoperdize that??
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No I wouldnt go.....no matter how much you want to. Your husband trusts you and you dont want to ruin your marriage...well it doesnt sound like you do. I guess if you want to be with the friend you should tell your husband your leaving and not comming back. It isnt right to go into something where you know you will feel tempted. I hope everything goes good for you.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You shouldn't go because you are feeling vulnerable right now and unsure of yourself. You may make a mistake that you'll regret. Ideally, your husband should be your best male friend. To have a male friend that you consider your best friend is dangerous in and of itself.
    ShammyShell

Answer by ShammyShell at 8:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Okay here is the thing. My best friend from high school and I have been really close for a long time. At one time we even lived together and my oldest son is his. Now some people may say that this changes things, I do not think it does.
    About 1 year ago my DH and I were having a lot of problems and I started talking to my best friend everyday. I was even spending time with him.

For me it was closure to the relationship that we had. I knew that I loved my husband and I did not want to leave. I needed to talk to my best friend so I could understand what happened between us and so that we could have closure on the subject.

Since we talked and went through everything last year my life is much better. I made the decision that I needed to stay where I was and that no matter how much I loved the other person, they were not my husband. Hope this helps and if you have any questions about what I went through send me a message. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No you should not go...and you probably feel that way about your friend b/c your husband isn't "emotionally available" so work out the problems with your hubby, and cut ties with your friend for a while to get back on track with your DH.
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008