Tv in morning before school

are you for or against?

personally I think it's SUPER detrimental. You aren't going to see your kid for many hours. If you've got extra time, why not talk? Snuggle? Go over spelling words or re-read their library book?

My son claims he's the "only one" who doesn't watch tv before school and sometimes I think he might actually be right. Our mornings are jam packed tight and any extra precious minutes we have are best spent on other things, IMO

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No morning TV in our house on school days. Getting ready would take wayyyy too long. Weekends, it's a different story! Tell your son he is good company :)
    mdrgator10

Answer by mdrgator10 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• My son doesn't watch TV before school. If we had the TV on he would never get ready let alone out the door.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• No TV before school in this house...
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Nope..
    LATINAICE

Answer by LATINAICE at 8:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• whatever..i like the same shows he likes. we eat breakfast together, watching P&F.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• I watch the news from 7:00 to 9:00, then we walk my son to school, come home and my daughter gets to watch cartoons from 9:30 to 11:30. We wake up Daddy and put her on the bus for her half day of preschool.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• No TV because we found out that she pays better attention in the mornings at school if she doesn't watch TV. I let her sleep an extra 15 minutes so there isn't enough "time" to watch her show and she's okay with that. LOL
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 8:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• Depends on if I remember to turn it on or not. She only has about 30 minutes to eat, get ready and get out the door in the mornings. I think what works for each family is fine. I don't see either choice as detrimental to the child.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• I watch the news from 5:00am - 6:00am, then the TV is off by the time I wake up the kids. We are to busy getting ready anyway, we eat breakfast, talk about how we want our day to go, review any information needed for the day like spelling words, math strategies, or quiz information. I also don't allow them to watch any TV a an hour before bed, they read books, get everything ready for the next morning and write in their journals.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2011

• No way do we watch TV before school. I agree with you, there are MANY more important things that I would prefer she/we be doing.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2011