How do I ask her to stop with out being rude or insensitive?

I have a friend who sends me a lot of bulk messages regarding religion, etc. And don't get me wrong, I believe in God but am not necessarily a church going person and I'd like her to stop sending me all these "really religious" messages. But I don't want to seem rude or insensitive. And in no way, am I trying to offend anyone here so PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• "I understand that the content in these emails is important to you. However, it does not hold the same importance in my life. It would mean a lot ot me if the emails I receive from you were specific to our relationship and not forwarded chain emails. You are my friend and I want to hear from you and what is on your mind, not on the minds of the strangers who write these messages. I hope you understand. Thanks." This is pretty much the same message I wrote to my friend to get her to stop sending me the same things. Our relationship has not suffered at all because of it. Good luck.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• are they forwards? Ack I hate forwards. That may be a way to ask her to stop. Tell her you don't read forwards of any kind and you always delete them. She hopefully will take the hint
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i agree with lynette. that is what i do. i am a church going christian, but i hate those silly forwards. i dont have to forward an email to show i love God. He knew it before i had email, im sure he knows it now. that is how i handled it. i just sent an email to everyone on my list saying i didnt have time to read forwards, so unless it was something very important, i would appreciate not getting any more of them. a few people got their butts bent out of shape about it, but they got over it, and the forwards stopped.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Eh, I'd just delete them. If everything she sends you is like that, I'd just mark her stuff as spam and your email should filter it all out. I hate those too and I'm at church like 4 times a week so it's got nothing to do with you! lol
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 3:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• wow this happened to me...the way it stopped was i sent out a email message to everyone in my contact book and address it as everyone and anyone thats sending me junk emails,forwards etc.. to pls stop i also talked about how annoying it was and screen print the amount i was getting and how i couldnt check my important mails because of all the forwards etc...i asked everyone to pls stop and so it stopped lol she never knew it was actually addressed to her because she seen the word everybody!! hope this help
    euphoriamom

Answer by euphoriamom at 5:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009